This award recognises Maidstone Care Centre’s ‘whole home approach’ to food and nutrition, providing recognition to the catering and care staff and nutrition-related activities in the home e.g., staff training / awareness sessions, linking to resident’s activities, water provision, the use of local produce.
The team were able to evidence to the Judges that they,
- Provide a worthwhile Mealtime experience.
- A provision of a wide and varied menu
- Enhanced quality of life.
- Provision and promotion of healthy food choices.
- Maintenance of good standards of hygiene and environmental health.
- Contribution towards a sustainable environment.
- Adherence to CQC’s Outcome 5 Meeting Nutritional Needs
The GBCA judges said the team showed they were, ‘Passionate about promoting wellbeing through nutritional meals. The team involve the residents in menu planning as well as meal preparation, giving a sense of purpose and inclusion.’
The home’s General Manager said of the team’s success, ‘I’m very proud of the Maidstone catering team for winning the Regional Award and reaching the National Finals!’
The team are now through to the Great British Care Awards Final being held in Birmingham on the 25th September.