With December fast approaching, Brentwood this week announced the details for their forthcoming Dementia Café on the 8th December from 11am-1pm.
At this months event the team at the home are looking forward to being joined by special guests from their local Alzheimer’s Society, a Dementia Advisor and there will also be a very special Singing for the Brain session.
Customer Relations Manager Rhiannon McNeil shared the home’s enthusiasm for the regular events, ‘The café is open to all, and we are looking forward to hosting what is fast becoming a popular and resourceful event for our local community.’
In November the home in Larchwood Gardens, Brentwood relaunched their regular Dementia Café after pausing them during the development of their new dementia facility, Willow Brook which opened in September.
Willow Brook, provides person-centred care and engaging lifestyles in a homely and dementia friendly environment, supported by a dedicated and specialist team with a skilled and compassionate understanding of dementia.
The new dementia offering at the care home offers certain unique facilities, which include the following-
- A Dementia Ambassador
- Dedicated Lifestyle Team providing person-centred engagements
- Engagements structured around individual PAL assessments.
- RELISH – Digital app for recording engagements and reducing risk of isolation for residents
- Innovative technology which supports physical and emotional wellbeing – Motitech Bikes, Tovertafel Table, Immerse VR Headsets and Digital Rainbow Tablet
- Namaste Care Therapy Room –providing a wide range of multi-sensory programmes supporting residents to feel a sense of connection with themselves and others.
If you would like more information on the dementia café or Willow Brook Suite please call Rhiannon on 01277 508 454.