Who is the Data Controller?
RCH Care Homes Limited
Data Controller contact details
Tel: 0208 554 5600
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information which relates to a living individual who can be identified either directly, or indirectly ,by reference to an identifier such as their name, email address and other personal details.
What are special categories of personal data?
Special categories of data under Article 9 of the GDPR are:
“racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation”.
What type of data do we collect?
We may collect from you:
- your full name
- your job title (if applicable)
- your email address
- your postal address
- your landline telephone number
- your mobile number
- personal data and information – for example information health, disability, ethnic background.
By providing us with this information, you consent to our use of this information for the following purposes:
It will be collected and used by us fairly and openly for the purpose of marketing the services we provide and may also be used to improve the marketing information you receive from us.
How do we collect this data?
We may collect this via the following methods:
- Online via our website enquiry forms
- Telephone – for example when you call us we may record those calls for monitoring and training purposes
- E-newsletters or e-bulletins
- Printed materials e.g. newsletters, leaflets, brochures, posters, displays etc.
- Social media content e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Your mobile number
What about children’s data?
We do not actively process personal data of children under 16.
New rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
- You have some additional rights under the GDPR.
- Access: Data Subject Access Request. You have the right to access the personal information we may hold about you. On receipt of such a request we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, but at least within one calendar month. You must provide us with 2 forms of personal identity to ensure that we only disclose to you information which is relevant to you personally.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal information that may be incorrect or require updating.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. Any questions about these rights may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Portability: Under GDPR there is a new right to data portability, primarily designed to make it easier for individuals to switch between service providers. This is unlikely to be relevant to your relationship with RCH Care Homes Limited.
- The right to restrict or suspend processing: Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. If you decide to do this, we will continue to store the data, but not further process it until we have agreed a solution to the issue you have raised.
- Data breach reporting: You have the right to be informed of a data breach if there is material damage which might affect you. We have a process in place just in case this unlikely event happens.
Is data collected from third party or public domain sources?
We may collect your personal data from you, a member of staff, face to face, or from a public source where we believe that you will be interested in what we do. Where we collect personal data from third party or public domain source we provide a means to opt-out or unsubscribe on every message we send you.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your data for the purposes we have specified, primarily we use your personal data to send you what you have requested or signed up for, or where we have your consent to send you other information that we think you might be interested in.
What are our grounds for lawful processing?
We collect your consent to deliver to you what you have signed up for. You always have a choice of opting out or unsubscribing or by contacting us at email@example.com
How to stop receiving communications
RCH Care Homes Limited will not send marketing communications to individuals who have unsubscribed, opted-out or otherwise asked us to stop direct marketing. Where we collect contact information from you which may be used for marketing purposes, we will let you know how to stop receiving such information if that’s what you prefer.
Surveys or marketing research
We may contact you from time to time to seek your views via a short survey to inform our strategic direction, your thoughts about our work, and other matters. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our research.
Is data processed outside of the UK? – If so how is it protected?
We do not process personal data outside of the UK.
Is data shared with 3rd parties and if so, who?
We do not share personal data with 3rd parties for any purposes unless required to by law.
Disclosure to other organisations, e.g. authorities, data processor
We sometimes disclose personal data to our suppliers in order for them to process personal data on our behalf. When we do so we have a contract in place compliant with the GDPR to ensure the security of any personal data that each processor or sub-processor processes. We are called upon to disclose data on legal and tax issues, where they apply, to the regulatory authorities.
Click here to find out more.
Data security – how we protect your data
We follow appropriate security procedures in the collection, storage and use of your Information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties.
We process data at our offices at 762 King George Place, Eastern Avenue, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7HU, with access restrictions in place, within our registered care homes and at the sites of our data processors within the UK. Our IT specialist retains our data at a different location equally protected behind the appropriate firewalls and other security devices.
However, unfortunately, the transmission of Information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot ensure the security of your Information transmitted by you to us via the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of your Information, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the GDPR, The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations or the Data Protection Act. Once we have received your Information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
External links not covered by this policy
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website or you request a service from a third party, our Policy no longer applies. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third party service provider’s own rules and policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the Information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to Information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third party websites and third party service providers.
Data Retention Policy
Our policy is to retain data only as long as this is necessary. If you unsubscribe or opt-out we may keep your personal data on a suppression list so that we don’t contact you again.
If you apply for a vacancy within RCH Care Homes Limited but are not successful, we will delete your personal information including any special categories in line with our retention policy.
What to do if you have a concern
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you.
The Regulator of GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, updated 2004 and 2011 is the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you feel you wish to draw the Regulator’s attention to the way and the purposes for which we are processing personal data, you may contact the ICO by clicking here https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
When last updated?
7 June 2019