Orchard Care Home is a welcoming, beautifully decorated and purpose-built care home which specialises in Nursing, Residential and Dementia care for older people, and is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our friendly team.
£17 – per hour
Come join our friendly team and work in a role you can be proud of where you will be working in a pleasant environment, and where you will support people to live a dignified and fulfilling life which enables them to be as independent as possible whilst you deliver the very best standards of care.
As a Registered Nurse, you will have a valid NMC pin number, as well as the most up to date clinical practices.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- An understanding of regulatory frameworks – NMC and CQC.
- Carrying out risk assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents.
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant policies, standards and legislation.
- Administering residents’ medication;
- Undertaking audits;
- Provide direct care for residents including washing, dressing, support with nutrition and hydration.
- Extend clinical competencies and nursing practice to offer comprehensive services, for example, catheterisation, venepuncture, IVI therapy, ear syringing…etc
Skills / Requirements
- Active NMC pin
- Genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A caring, courteous and compassionate nature to ensure that residents’ needs and wishes are met where possible
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and be able to work under pressure
- Be willing to work a flexible shift pattern
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team
- Provide formal and informal mentoring to your colleagues and other care professionals
- Undertake all mandatory and necessary training.
- Self-motivated and pro-active individual who strives to learn and develop in their role
- Would preferably have experience working with the elderly, particularly those living with dementia
- Up to £1,000 signing on bonus (£500 after the probationary period is completed satisfactorily, £500 after a further 6 months)
- Full support with your revalidation
- Ongoing training to develop your career
- A Career pathway with opportunities for promotion; where progression to management positions is encouraged
- Full-time and part-time positions
- Full induction
- Wide variety of health, retail and leisure benefits via Perkbox*
- Company pension scheme*
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!
*Terms and conditions apply